2021 Kentucky Democratic Party Re-organization
Reorganization is the process of electing new people to roles within the Kentucky Democratic Party, from the precincts to legislative districts and, finally, to the state level. Democrats who get involved elect the leadership of the Jefferson County and Kentucky Democratic Parties. The party is YOU! All Jefferson County Democrats who are registered to vote prior to April 8, 2021 at their correct address, can participate in the precinct conventions.
This process normally takes place during presidential election years; however, because of COVID-19, we moved it to 2021. Because we are still in a pandemic, all meetings, nominations and voting for Reorganization will take place virtually. In all steps, we are enabling Democrats to participate via electronic nominating and voting, or over the phone.
The process happens in these steps in Jefferson County:
- Sign up! Nomination of yourself, others in your precinct or Registration for precinct elections. Open now through April 12th, Sign up here!
- Need to know your legislative district and precinct? Check out our map. Click on the location for your precinct and legislative district to show up.
- Precinct District Nominations and Registrations now- April 12— but you must sign up above to vote.
- Legislative District Nominations take place between April 29 – May 10, 2021.
- Congressional District Nominations are open between June 5-26
- State Convention June 26
Confused? Read more here for a deeper dive, but get involved! All Jefferson County Democrats are wanted and needed to build the party. We have big elections coming soon, and it will take all of us.
Learn more at a webinar explaining the Reorganization process with the Kentucky Democratic Party and get your questions answered- Sign up at the links below.
All in person events are cancelled until further notice.
Do you have an event that should be on the Louisville Democratic Party Calendar? Click here!