Notes: Your regular polling location is not open. Hotline for voting issues 833-468-6835
Go Vote at the Fairgrounds!
There is plenty of room to socially distance. We are unsure on how long it will take to vote- to be on the safe side, bring a snack, water, and if standing for longer periods is hard for you, a lightweight folding chair. Masks are required. No appointment needed.
If you have previously requested an application for a ballot or requested a ballot and you have not received it, you will be given your regular ballot and asked to sign a supplemental roster, with you confirming you have not already voted.
Some known issues
- Ballots printed with the incorrect middle initial. This was a coding glitch, that is known, and will not affect your ballot. This has been confirmed by the Kentucky Board of Elections. Read more here. https://www.owensborotimes.com/news/2020/06/absentee-ballot-label-error-explanined/
Frequently Asked Questions. Click the links
- Early In-Person Voting-where, when
- I requested a ballot, but now I want to vote in person.
- What time and where do I vote on Election Day?
- Help! I haven’t gotten my absentee ballot yet!
- I need to talk to someone to figure out how to vote
- I am having problems voting at the polls right now.
- I can’t vote early at the fairgrounds. I need my absentee ballot and I haven’t received it yet.
- I want to drop my completed ballot off.
- I need to know the steps to manage my absentee ballot. I don’t want to make mistakes.
- I need to get to the Fairgrounds but I don’t have a car.
- It is after June 15 and I want an absentee ballot
New! Early In-Person voting at the Kentucky Exposition Center (The Fairgrounds) Starting June 15
Where: 937 Phillips Lane, South Wing B
When: June 15 – 22 Monday – Friday Only. 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Enter at Gates 2, 4 and 6. Parking is free. The main gate is closed from 264- enter on Crittenden or Preston. No Appointments Needed. Masks are required.
Hotline for Voting Issues 833-468-6835
I Requested a ballot, but now I want to vote in person.
You may vote at the fairgrounds. If you have previously requested an application for a ballot or requested a ballot, you will let them know you have not received your ballot. You will be given your regular ballot and asked to sign a supplemental roster, with you confirming you have not already voted.
Help! I haven’t Gotten My Ballot(or Application) Yet!
- You have requested a ballot either though the Jefferson County Clerk’s office or the State Portal and it has not arrived via the mail.
The fix: If you must have an absentee ballot, call the Jefferson County Clerk’s office for help. 502.574.6100 We recommend the fairgrounds otherwise.
It is after June 15th and I need an absentee ballot
You need to call the Jefferson County Clerk at 502.574.6100. They will help you get your ballot. You will need to pick it up at the office.
I want to drop off my completed ballot. Where can I do that?
There are drop boxes at the Edison Center where the Jefferson County Clerk is located and the Fairgrounds.
- Edison Center, (Jefferson County Clerk) 701 West Ormsby, first floor.
- Kentucky Exposition Center (the fairgrounds)
Post Offices. Make sure it will be postmarked by June 23. On Election Day, USPS has recommended giving the ballot to a person in the office, not in a mailbox, and asking for it to be hand cancelled in front of you to make absolutely sure your ballot is post marked by June 23.
For the last minute folks! The last time to have your ballot dropped off and post marked June 23 is at the Gardiner Lane location up until 9pm in their mailbox. You can see all post offices closing times here
How to handle your absentee ballot
I need transportation to get to the Fairgrounds
TARC will be running free rides from Union Station every 30 minutes on June 23rd. More info here. There may be more free transportation announced. We will update.
Black Votes Matter will be giving free rides https://blackvotersmatterfund.org/rides
The Louisville Urban League will be giving rides: Call 502-585-4622 and dial the number 0 to ask for a ride.
In-Person Voting— Early and on Election Day
In-Person Early voting at the Election Center
Where: Edison Building, 701 W. Ormsby
When: June 8 – 22 | Monday – Friday
For those who are unable to vote by mail and need special accommodations. Limited. This is by appointment only. Call the Election Center at 574-6100 to make an appointment.
In-Person Early voting at the Kentucky Exposition Center (The Fairgrounds)
Where: 937 Phillips Lane, South Wing, B
When: June 15 – 22 | Monday – Friday | 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Enter at Gate 2, 4, or 6 . Parking is free. No Appointments needed
**ELECTION DAY** All In-Person Voting is at the Exposition Center(The Fairgrounds)
Where: 937 Phillips Lane, South Wing, B
When: Tuesday, June 23 | 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
No appointment necessary. Enter at Gates 2, 4 and 6 Parking is free.
If you possibly can, vote by mail or early. It is anticipated that lines could be long at the fairgrounds on June 23