The Louisville-Jefferson County Democratic Executive Committee
Leadership of our local party is driven by our Chair and the members of the County Executive Committee. This body meets monthly to discuss organization activities and upcoming elections and events. The committee is made up of elected Democrats who represent the 17 legislative districts in Jefferson County.
Our mission is to ensure effective government that supports, protects and respects the citizens of our community, commonwealth and country by advancing candidates, public officials and policies that promote basic Democratic values.
The Louisville-Jefferson County Democratic Party will work to:
- Recruit, train and support outstanding candidates who can win.
- Develop and strengthen grassroots organization to mobilize voters in support of Democratic candidates and issues.
- Improve the public’s understanding of Democratic principles, values and policies to attract contributors/supporters, volunteers and voters.
- Provide effective leadership to broaden the Democratic Party’s voter and support base.
- Develop and maintain a budget that complies with campaign finance regulations and allocates resources in a responsible and fair manner.
Meet our Chair and Vice Chair
J. Russell Lloyd
Jefferson County Party Chair
J. Russell Lloyd is a local attorney and longtime Democratic leader on the county executive committee.
Vice Chair Allison Amon has served for several years as an LD chair and member of the executive committee before agreeing to serve in leadership as vice chair.